Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Day!

Wow. I sure do love my family, even though I'm not a republican fan. I love the fact that we live in a country where we have the freedom to exercise our rights and opinions. Even though they differ vastly.

For instance, I believe that Tuesday marked one of the happiest days I've had in eight years; while several members of my family are sure Armageddon is upon us. Let's not forget that we have republicans AND democrats amongst us in our family.

I believe there needs to be a third party. But for now I choose what I perceive to be the lesser of two evils. I am fully aware that many republicans view democrats as spawn from hell. Oy vey.

However, I am secure enough in myself and I try to be open-minded and nonjudgmental, so I choose to smile and take a deep breath and even find humor in what so many people insinuate about the other ones political party choices.

I agree on one huge thing with Mel's post. I've been praying for our leaders especially hard for the last eight years and will continue to do so now and in the future.

We've got quite a mess to clean up, and with prayer, a positive attitude, and more open-mindedness and less judgmental mentality, which is what I believe our first black president will go a long way towards promoting, we just might have a snowball's chance of changing the downward spiral of things in the good old US of A.

It's all going to be okay, people. I really do believe that. Especially now. :)

I love you all, no matter what your political or religious views may be. Diversity is what makes this planet so much fun and keeps things interesting.

Hugs and love to all!

Lindy

No comments: