Saturday, June 16, 2007

Update from Music City

Hi Family!!!

Well, today I remembered that I've forgotten about The Wrightness Blog and realized that I needed to get with it and find out whats been going on. So it took awhile to read all the updates and look at all the neat pictures. But it is so worth it to have this tool to keep in touch. My problem is that it had been so long I forgot how to get back in, forgot my user name and password, so that took about another 15 minutes to figure out. Now I'm about out of the mood to type. But, anyway, here goes...

Some of you probably already heard from proud Grandma Burke about some of Jakes accomplishments of 1st grade. But she wanted me to post it so EVERYONE could know!! Well, on the last day of school they have awards day for 1st thru 5th grad. Jake was awarded an Academic trophy for having the highest grade point avereage in his Class. 98%. He also was on Principals List every 9 weeks for straight A's on every report card all year, and he was awarded a Library Award for AR (Accelerated Reading), top AR reader in 1st Grade and was ranked 4th AR reader for the entire elementary school. It was really neat to see him get these awards, he was so excited. If you know Jake , you know he holds no emotions back, good or bad, you always know where he stands...so he was smiling ear to ear and practically jumping as he ran to the stage each time he got his awards. We are very pround of him and hope this keeps him motivated to continue to do well in school. We're going to have to leave the sports up to the Donnell kids!

I'm recovering well from my surgery and, yes, I did take the whole 6 weeks off which is now over , I go back to work Monday. I hate the thought. Oh well, I have really enjoyed the time even though I didnt feel great most of the time , it really wasnt that bad. I was able to go on vacation for a week and a half, we always visit Matt's mom and dad in florida and we were able to see Aunt Deb and her whole crew. I was able to see baby Aubrie and she is more adorable than the pictures. Sooo Sweet!!!! And what about Caleb, what a cutie pie.

We went to Seaworld, It was Awesome!!!!!! But it was weird having to pay to get in. Ha! We are used to getting in free to Disney when we're in Orlando, thanks to Stacy and Scott. Mel, Iam very very excited for you guys to get to take the family in July but I'm very envious that you are staying in Animal Kingdom, I hear thats the best. We didnt want to fork out the bucks for it when we went last October (even though Scott could get the discount) but now I regret it. If he and Stacy are still there next year we my try to go again.

I started this on Saturday but finishing it on Sunday. Today is Fathers Day and Matt's Big 4-0 birthday. We threw him a little surprise party friday nite with the neighborhood friends. It was fun, I think he was surprised, I didnt tell Jake till the last minute, that was key to keeping it a surprise. We had about 20 people, black decorations, tombstone cake, over the Hill theme, etc.

Now, back to work for me, Jake andMatt have 7 weeks left of the summer till schools starts. That's seven weeks for Matt to think of things to keep Jake from spending 12 hours a day in front of the TV , gamecube, nintendo ds, or computer. They do have season passes to Nashville Shores, a nice water park about 2 miles from our house. Thats good for 1-2 days a week before he gets too bored with it. I have a business meeting in Orlando one week after I go back to work, and the boys are on their own for a week. anywho, I've gone on long enough, I'm going to try to keep up with this blog more frequently. And soon , I will get a digital camera and willshare pictures too. I love seeing everyones pics. Mel is super woman, where do you find the time to take care of your five , help with the quints and still blog and everything else you do. WOW!!!! I want some of what you take.

Missy, love the house pics!! It's beautiful, My ruby is in full bloom now too, My girlfriend asked about it the other day and I told her the whole Ruby story and she wants a piece to it too, Isnt that flower the neatest thing?

Love to all and tell all your wonderful husbands, Happy Fathers DAy!!!!

Cathy

No comments: